Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Our Class Wiki - So Far

The class wiki is an exceptional place to share and create information for others to see. I have had a blast reading the content created by my fellow peers, and contributing as well. I have personally contributed information to the following three wiki topics:

 - New Media and Sports: I helped add some information that I knew myself, that was not already in the blog. This includes the maintaining of professionalism on the social media platform by sports figures, the increasingly popular phenomenon of March Madness and the bracket challenge, and the advertisement transition from solely television to online streaming platforms.
 - New Media in Social Networking: I made sure there were no ridiculous claims, and made several minor edits here and there. I also added a new type of social networking section to include blogger and tumblr, through the blogging platforms. I noted the uniqueness of blogs, and made sure that people know that blogging social networking can include the elements of several other types of social networking.
 - New Media and Healthcare: I felt that this wiki was a bit short and added what I could on the topic. I added the use of Yelp when deciding on professionals to use, as well as the new Healthcare company that is emerging called Oscar.

I look forward to seeing the final product of the class wiki, and am excited on learning new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment